• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JoeDizzleMPLS

JoeDizzleMPLS

Administrator

• Webmaster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

Hey guys, just want to give you a heads up that we will be upgrading the forum software, so don't be alarmed if the site is down for a bit. We'll try to work fast to get the site back online as soon as possible -- should take an hour max.

We really want to keep this site up to date, so we'll most likely be sticking to the 6 month schedule we've been on so far to do the major software upgrades. There are quite a few bug fixes and feature updates in this new upgrade, so it will definitely be good for the site. If anyone has any questions, just shoot me a PM.

Thanks

#2 PeachSoda21

PeachSoda21

Serrasalmus spilopleura

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

Oh no the forum is gonna get super complicated!!!!! j/k . . . .Gj on keeping us updated I'm curious as to what the new software will be like

#3 JoeDizzleMPLS

JoeDizzleMPLS

Administrator

• Webmaster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

No major changes to the appearance or to the basic functions, basically just bug fixes and smaller feature updates, so it's not like you guys won't recognize the place when the upgrade is done.

#4 PeachSoda21

PeachSoda21

Serrasalmus spilopleura

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

aww I was kinda looking forward to a big revamp . . . . Thats fine tho you guys keep it running smooth. . . You should do some small random color changes for fun ^.^

#5 JoeDizzleMPLS

JoeDizzleMPLS

Administrator

• Webmaster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

You can already change colors using the color selector on the PKeepers Dark skin :thumbsup:

#6 PeachSoda21

PeachSoda21

Serrasalmus spilopleura

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:07 PM

Learn something everyday !!! going to change it up right now!

#7 MFNRyan

MFNRyan

Serrasalmus elongatus

• Members
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

When are you putting it down? And are you guys going to update the inbox settings with the dark skin so it's easier to tell what's new and what's not lol
Ryan!!!

#8 JoeDizzleMPLS

JoeDizzleMPLS

Administrator

• Webmaster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

Not 100% sure on when it will happen, but since it will only be down a short time, I'll just try to get it done whenever. This is one of the advantages of updating frequently -- it's much smoother and doesn't take near as long. When you wait too long between upgrades, it can be a very long process and there are more chances of problems popping up.

I'll see what I can do about the inbox after the upgrade.

#9 JoeDizzleMPLS

JoeDizzleMPLS

Administrator

• Webmaster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:04 AM

Upgrade is done -- there are still some small things to work out, so if you guys notice anything please let me know.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users