• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JoeDizzleMPLS

JoeDizzleMPLS

Administrator

• Webmaster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

We will be rolling out some perks as well as a new member group here at Piranha Keepers for members who donate to the community. All donations will go directly back into the community in the form of members-only contest prizes and giveaways for Piranha Keepers merchandise, aquarium supplies, gift cards, and more.

Aside from the warm fuzzy feeling you'll get inside from donating and helping this community, members who donate will also receive extra forum perks such as more storage space for PMs, custom member titles, discounts on purchases made through our sponsors, and Piranha Keepers merchandise,
  • For donations of $10, your PM storage space will increase from 50 to 150, plus you will receive an "I Support Piranha Keepers" sig banner and a custom member title of your choice.
  • For donations of $20, your PM storage space will increase from 50 to 250, plus you will receive an "I Support Piranha Keepers" sig banner, a custom member title of your choice, and 2 Piranha Keepers decals.
  • For donations of $35 or more, members will become "PKeepers Insiders" for 1 year
As a member of the "PKeepers Insider" program, you will receive...
  • Custom member title of your choice
  • "I Support Piranha Keepers" sig banner
  • PM storage space increased from 50 to 500 messages
  • 3 Piranha Keepers decals
  • "PKeepers Insider" member group
  • 10% off purchases of $200 or more at Shark Aquarium
  • 10% off purchases at AE Aquatics
All donation perks will last for 1 calendar year from the date of donation. Donations can be made via PayPal -- After donating, please send me a PM to verify. All donations are greatly appreciated.

#2 blueouija

blueouija

SEOsalmus rhombeus

• PKeepers Insider
  • 547 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:36 PM

Wow nice Perks!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Sacrifice

Sacrifice

Serrasalmus spilopleura

• 1,411 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:04 AM

This is a great idea Joe, I love how the site is coming along. It really feels like a community and it's actually going somewhere and you guys are listening to the members. Keep up the good work Joe, GG and all our Mods.

I figured I'd go ahead and ask because I'm sure others are thinking it as well.

Does this have to be a one time donation or is it collective? Such as I donate $20 now and $15 in a few months. Does that qualify as a $35 donation? Doesn't bother me either way just curious.

#4 JoeDizzleMPLS

JoeDizzleMPLS

Administrator

• Webmaster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:14 AM

I tried to clarify it a bit in the first post, but all donations and perks will run on an annual basis, so perks and the Insider group will last for one year from the date of donation. I'm sure we can figure something out to upgrade people from one level to another, but I'll have to talk to staff about how we'd figure out the start date in that situation.

#5 65galhex

65galhex

The Chef

• PKeepers Insider
  • 211 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:02 AM

Wow thats awesome!!! Nice work
Posted Image
Posted Image RIP Little Buddy

Posted Image X3 RIP

#6 ZoSick

ZoSick

Serrasalmus sanchezi

• Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:35 PM

If donate the $35 or more can I get all the perks minus the piranha insider tag?

I've been around for for the last 3 weeks or so and I really like the direction you guy are going, I also very much like the format of the forum :)

#7 JoeDizzleMPLS

JoeDizzleMPLS

Administrator

• Webmaster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:52 PM

If donate the $35 or more can I get all the perks minus the piranha insider tag?

I've been around for for the last 3 weeks or so and I really like the direction you guy are going, I also very much like the format of the forum :)

Perks are totally up to the members. If you want to donate but don't want some of the perks, that's fine -- they're just an added bonus we thought we'd throw in as a way of saying thanks. You can still get the vendor discounts and other perks without the special member group and tag, just let us know when you donate.

#8 ZoSick

ZoSick

Serrasalmus sanchezi

• Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:59 PM

Perks are totally up to the members. If you want to donate but don't want some of the perks, that's fine -- they're just an added bonus we thought we'd throw in as a way of saying thanks. You can still get the vendor discounts and other perks without the special member group and tag, just let us know when you donate.

Will do...I just wanted to make sure the sponsors would still give me the the discount even if I don't want/have the "group tag".

#9 bobme

bobme

Dancing Banana Man

• Validating
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

:bowdown:

#10 lethal101

lethal101

Pygocentrus cariba

• Members
  • 307 posts