• twitter
  • youtube
  • googleplus
  • facebook

Photo
- - - - -

Emperor Angelfish (Pomacanthus imperator)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 His Majesty

His Majesty

Puck Bunny

• Site Moderator
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

Emperor Angelfish (Pomacanthus imperator)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Max Size:30-40cm (1')
Recommended tank size (for adult specimen): 200g+

Range: Indo-Pacific, Indian Ocean

Reef safe: Not recommended. its natural diet is sponge and will nip some corals and clams.

Water Parameters: 25° C, pH 8.0-8.4, salinity 1.020-1.025

Diet: mixed diet. nori, sponge, marine angel pellets, mysis shrimp and other small meaty items etc

Tankmates: The emperor is large a calm fish and is not a natural aggressor. be aware that shy fish may need extra attention during feeding time to ensure the angel doesnt compete to harshly

Care: .As a fully grown adult it needs a large tank with plenty of swimming space, equally it needs a good amount of rockwork to establish hiding spots and territory. Overall its a hardy specimen, some of the larger imports may take some time to accept frozen foods or pellets.

Personality: Juvenile emperors (4 - 5inches and less) have different body markings to the adults and will morph as they grow. will come to know you as the food source. Large angels are beautiful and swim in a calm precise manner, very enjoyable to watch
Me, HM, Trav, and Trigga are better looking than most of you white guys on here - speakyourmind

#2 eatfood

eatfood

Serrasalmus spilopleura

• Members
  • 1,881 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

I used to have a large fish only system with one of these guys and a queen angle as the two center piece fish - my favorite tank I have ever owned. these angles are just such a majestic fish, it really makes it impossible for anyone to just walk by the tank without dropping their jaw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users