• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JoeDizzleMPLS

JoeDizzleMPLS

Administrator

• Webmaster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

We have set up a referrals program that allows members of this community to send invites to friends and people they think might be interested in joining the forum. There is a new box in the sidebar on the board index that contains a URL that you can copy and paste into emails, text messages, Facebook or Twitter posts, etc., that link will send the person to a registration form to join the site.

If you click on "Manage Invitations" in that same sidebar box, it will bring you to your invites control panel, from there you can check on invites that you have sent, keep track of your referrals, and send out more invites. When sending out invites through your control panel, you just enter the email address of the person you want to send it to and then enter a custom message in the space provided (the default message is cheesy, I'll get that changed), once you click "Send Invite", an email will be sent with a registration link.

Either way, your invites and referrals will be tracked through the site -- this is important because we will be rolling out a rewards program for members soon where points will be earned for things like referrals, writing articles, submitting reviews and profiles, etc. Those points will then be redeemable for forum perks, PKeepers merchandise (which we will also be expanding), and other items -- we'll be making a formal announcement with all the information soon.

We will give points out for all referrals made even before the rewards program launches, so feel free to start sending invites out right away -- if you have any questions or if you run into any issues/glitches, please let me know right away.

#2 c_granger21

c_granger21

Serrasalmus spilopleura

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

sent out 2 invites..... without any problems pretty cool system. rewards program is a pretty cool idea.
Posted Image

S.T.W.G

#3 MFNRyan

MFNRyan

Serrasalmus elongatus

• Members
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

DANG!!! I can't tell you how many I sent when I seen this site started up to bring people over from fury lol.. I called people that had left fury even so they knew a new site was here
Ryan!!!

#4 JoeDizzleMPLS

JoeDizzleMPLS

Administrator

• Webmaster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

Decided to do a referrals contest -- I'll post a thread with details in a bit

#5 JoeDizzleMPLS

JoeDizzleMPLS

Administrator

• Webmaster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

Found a bug within the program that was causing invites to expire after 24 hours, I am in the process of fixing it now so hold off on sending invites until I get the issue resolved.

For those that have already sent out invites, you'll need to re-send them after I fix it and if you have gotten referrals already, shoot me a PM with the display names of people you referred and I will re-enter them manually.

As soon as the bug is fixed and I can verify that the program is working properly, we'll get the referrals contest start.

#6 JoeDizzleMPLS

JoeDizzleMPLS

Administrator

• Webmaster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

Referrals are no longer expiring after 24 hours, but there was a bug that was causing all invites to show that they were pending, so when people clicked the register link, it would tell them that they weren't able to register. I think the problem has been fixed, but if you refer someone and they get this error, please let me know. As soon as I get confirmation that it is working properly, we'll kick off a referral contest -- all referrals made since I installed the program will count because of the glitches on the software end.

#7 JoeDizzleMPLS

JoeDizzleMPLS

Administrator

• Webmaster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

Made one last tweak to the "pending" error -- everything should be working fine now. If anyone has made referrals that aren't showing up, let me know and I will add them manually.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users