• twitter
  • youtube
  • googleplus
  • facebook

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

My fish room (updated pics 2-12-16 page 9 post 170)

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#1 Nzac

Nzac

Serrasalmus elongatus

• Members
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:45 PM

just a quick vid of my "fish room" as it sits today, probably wont see many fish in the vid though. It is a 125 pygo tank(soon to be double stack 125 rack), 55 rrs, 75 mac, 75 rhom, 75 rhom, 55 sanchezi, 20 quarantine/hospital currently quarantine for fahaka puffer, 40breeder rhom, 40breeder platies and bristlenose plecos, 30 long green spotted puffer, 10 cloning crayfish, 10 red cherry shrimp.

th_Fishroom.jpg

Edited by Nzac, 12 February 2016 - 02:07 PM.

I've got several scaley and a couple scaleless creatures living in glass houses full of water in the other room.

#2 jp80911

jp80911

食人魚

• Site Moderator
  • 4,851 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:52 PM

Nice, wish I had that many tanks

Posted Image

#3 Nzac

Nzac

Serrasalmus elongatus

• Members
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:01 PM

no you don't, waterchange day takes 5+ hours, LOL

wife says I can have all the tanks I want as long as they stay in the one room, gotta start stacking them now.

Edited by Nzac, 17 December 2011 - 11:02 PM.

I've got several scaley and a couple scaleless creatures living in glass houses full of water in the other room.

#4 ACrowe25

ACrowe25

Serrasalmus elongatus

• 5,326 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:09 PM

Wow super cool room! I hope you have a water changer lol. Feel bad if your "bucketing"
A life unexamined is not worth living.

#5 Scars

Scars

Meat & Milk Delivery Boy

• 8,928 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:13 PM

I like how your wife negotiated with you on that. My gf says i can have as many as I want as long as I have a realistic place to put it. I cant get rid of furniture or put stuff in storage.

#6 BuckeyeGuy777

BuckeyeGuy777

Pygocentrus cariba

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:15 PM

:drool:
ill take the tanks if you keep the electric bill
><> ><> ><> ><>
><> ><> ><> BITE ME
><> ><>
><>

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Nzac

Nzac

Serrasalmus elongatus

• Members
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:16 PM

I use 32 gallon cans and 1/4hp sump pumps for water changes, 1 can/pump for clean and 1can/pump for dirty.

the electric bill really isn't bad I figured it to be around $50/month going by wattage on light/fiters/heaters/powerheads and price per kw.

the worst part is going to be emptying the 125, moving the 6 5"-9" fish to somewhere, removing the stand, putting rack in, setting both tanks back up. Rack and other 125 are sitting in my garage waiting for my to have the energy to do it.

Edited by Nzac, 17 December 2011 - 11:26 PM.

#8 His Majesty

His Majesty

Puck Bunny

• Site Moderator
  • 6,389 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:19 AM

neat little fish room you have there. and you seem to be partial to the blue gravel lol
Me, HM, Trav, and Trigga are better looking than most of you white guys on here - speakyourmind

#9 Elong Nick

Elong Nick

Serrasalmus maculatus

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:01 AM

Very nice set up dude !!!!
Posted Image

#10 Nzac

Nzac

Serrasalmus elongatus

• Members
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:10 AM

Glad you guys like it, room is kind of a cluster f*ck, but it is a nice relaxing room to be in. I can't count the number of times I've come home from work, watching the fish and next thing I know I'm waking up an hour or so later, LOL.

I guess there is a lot of blue(5 tanks), mostly because I've had very bad luck with the color staying on black gravel. :( Used to have black in the shrimp tank but they started dieing and I could see black coloring inside of them, blue was the next darkest to really make the red pop in the tank. I put black in one of my rhoms tanks about a year ago, the color started coming off and ended up coating his gills and killing him within a couple days. The only black gravel I have had that hasn't lost any color so far is the flourite black, but that gets kinda spendy.

Edited by Nzac, 18 December 2011 - 09:11 AM.

#11 Nzac

Nzac

Serrasalmus elongatus

• Members
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:43 PM

well, the 125 is now a double stacked pair of 125's. I didn't realize how much work that was gonna be, the 125 with 100+lbs of rock was bad to lift, but the other 125, getting it to the 4.5' high stand after that was just a fricken chore.

Posted Image

#12 Central

Central

Serrasalmus spilopleura

• Excommunicated
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:40 PM

amazing
virtual petshop in your house
your wife is pretty cool to give up an entire room. most guys would have to go through some sh*t to have that room :)

needless to say, impressive fish.

#13 The Dude

The Dude

Serrasalmus elongatus

• Site Moderator
  • 10,051 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:09 PM

amazing
virtual petshop in your house
your wife is pretty cool to give up an entire room. most guys would have to go through some sh*t to have that room :)

needless to say, impressive fish.

My new gf keeps a sanchezie and has about the same wish list as I. I'm good :)

#14 Nzac

Nzac

Serrasalmus elongatus

• Members
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:37 PM

fortunately for me she does like the fish, won't have anything to do with taking care of them, which is fine, but she does like to check them out from time to time.

#15 GTR_Kevv

GTR_Kevv

Serrasalmus elongatus

• Members
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

Cant see the vid but my god thats alot of tanks .. i always thought ur signature keeper tags were just fish youve had over the years youve been in the hobby but woow im impressed

Posted Image

#16 JoeDizzleMPLS

JoeDizzleMPLS

Administrator

• Webmaster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:48 PM

Very cool man, what are you doing for moisture control? That was the only real problem that popped up for me in my old fish room, ended up getting a dehumidifier to run at night and put an exhaust fan into the ceiling that tapped into the exhaust vent for the bathroom that was next to my fish room, worked really well.

#17 Nzac

Nzac

Serrasalmus elongatus

• Members
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:55 PM

Nope my sig is piranha i currently house, as they change so does the sig. You should be able to click on pic for vid to pop up.

nothing for moisture control needed yet... room has a good sized doorway leading to the stairs with a ceiling fan running in entryway circulating it around the house.So far heat drying the place out in the winter and ac running in summer takes care of it. The nice thing is you never get any static electricity shocks here in the winter. Not sure how this double stack is going to change that being so close to ceiling.

Edited by Nzac, 18 December 2011 - 08:56 PM.

#18 blueouija

blueouija

SEOsalmus rhombeus

• PKeepers Insider
  • 547 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:58 PM

Damn impressive setup.... how strong is the floor or are you set up in the basement?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Nzac

Nzac

Serrasalmus elongatus

• Members
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:02 PM

it is the family room in the basement.

#20 JoeDizzleMPLS

JoeDizzleMPLS

Administrator

• Webmaster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:21 PM

nothing for moisture control needed yet... room has a good sized doorway leading to the stairs with a ceiling fan running in entryway circulating it around the house.So far heat drying the place out in the winter and ac running in summer takes care of it. The nice thing is you never get any static electricity shocks here in the winter. Not sure how this double stack is going to change that being so close to ceiling.

Definitely keep a close eye on things -- with that many tanks in one room, you will almost certainly have some issues without something to take care of the extra humidity. I didn't think I had any problems until I pulled back the carpet and removed the trim around the windows when I was remodeling the room.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users