• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Grosse Gurke

Grosse Gurke

The AssMan

• Webmaster
  • 5,104 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:00 PM

Been meaning to do this for a while so finally I started digging.  Buried a 300 gallon stock tank and then built a deck over most of it.  This is outside the sports lounge and I plan to build a cover over some of the deck so I can bbq in the winter.  You can see the door to the lounge.  Working on an indoor putting green...grass should be here Wednesday and then i will post up some pics.

Current stocking is a few koy, 5 largemouth bass, 5 bluegills, and a albino channel cat.  All are tiny so there is plenty of room for the next year or so and then I will remove the koy.  I want to add a couple trout as well...so my friend is going to bring me some.  Also getting a floating alligator head to hopefully keep the racoons out.

Anyways...here it is.

Attached File  20170919_142006.jpg   185.15KB   0 downloads

• Trav likes this

gallery_2_10_18361.jpgsml_gallery_2_10_73348.jpg

#2 Da' Manster!

Da' Manster!

Serrasalmus elongatus

• Members
  • 7,274 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:05 PM

very impressive, Jeff!... :thumbsup:

#3 Grosse Gurke

Grosse Gurke

The AssMan

• Webmaster
  • 5,104 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:21 AM

Loving these tiny 2" bass.  Last night Im chilling just watching these little guys and there were a few gnats flying around.  These little dudes would leap out of the water and try to catch them out of the air!  It was so damn cute!

#4 The Dude

The Dude

Serrasalmus elongatus

• Site Moderator
  • 10,058 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:12 PM

That is bad ass man! You definitely have some skill. Don't trout need a crazy amount of O2 though?

#5 Nzac

Nzac

Serrasalmus elongatus

• Members
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:23 AM

I like it, wish I could do something like that here
I've got several scaley and a couple scaleless creatures living in glass houses full of water in the other room.

#6 Grosse Gurke

Grosse Gurke

The AssMan

• Webmaster
  • 5,104 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:00 AM

Hey dude....not sure what trout need....havent really looked into it yet.  And doubt it will happen.  This thing is crazy overstocked....not now of course but in a year it will be assuming they all make it.  Ive lost a couple of the bluegills already.  With these tiny guys....Im sure I will loose some.  Either to just not adapting or to a racoon or cat  They do have the deck to go under should they see a predator...but they are all captive raised so not sure they will understand the need to hide. 

These little bass are so fricking fun though...I caught a fly and tossed it in....he was snatching up in seconds.  I tossed in a worm and they were fighting for it.  And then just sitting there watching them track gnats and mosquitoes flying over the pond and then boom!  they jump for them!  Its pretty awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users