• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Alexraptor

Alexraptor

Fry

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:00 PM

Couldn't find my old thread from a few years back so here's a new one! In august I will have had my wee little Redbelly here for 15 years. :)

Whipped out my DSLR today for this shot as my smartphone just wouldn't do him justice!

Pirr17JuneBig.jpg

I'm feeling awfully nostalgic so lets get some historical perspective here!

They day he came! a 5g tank in 2002!

pirrebeginning.JPG

I was a kid and thought I could get him to stay small, but realized already then that his 5g tank was too small, so boom he got a 10 gallon the next day!

PHistory1.JPG

Roll over to 2003 and we were going away for a few weeks on a vacation to England. Realized there was a pretty big chance that water quality would suffer in such a small tank, so made arrangements with an acquaintance who builds aquariums, for a custom 27g tank in which he still resides today.

PHistory3.jpg

And then there was that time when he had to move back into his childhood home for a day or two. He was not a happy camper!!!  :lol:

PHistory8.jpg

So that's a few snapshots of his life. It's pretty much been smooth sailing all the way. Only problem I had was without my afore mentioned England vacation in 03, came home and found the feeding machine had started dumping too much food in so the tank got pretty nasty, and as a result he ended up having a small bout with fin rot, but got that quickly under control. :wacko:

There hasn't been any health issues before or after that. And to top it all off he has never bitten me!  B)

Posted Image
Click it now!

#2 Lifer374

Lifer374

Serrasalmus spilopleura

• Members
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:24 PM

That's awesome
Posted Image

#3 His Majesty

His Majesty

Puck Bunny

• Site Moderator
  • 6,391 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:18 AM

thats cool that you've had him for 15 years. he's had a cushty life. lets see if he manages another 15

Me, HM, Trav, and Trigga are better looking than most of you white guys on here - speakyourmind

#4 Alexraptor

Alexraptor

Fry

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:01 AM

I do hope so, the potential certainly is there. :)

Posted Image
Click it now!

#5 Da' Manster!

Da' Manster!

Serrasalmus elongatus

• Members
  • 7,274 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:58 PM

good job Alex!... :cheers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users