• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Alexraptor

Alexraptor

Fry

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:22 AM

Hi guys! Been an eternity since I posted anything, but thought I'd drop by and mention that my P tank is now very very low maintenence with "pristine" water quality. No significant nitrates or phosphates to speak of and totally cyano and algae free. :)

PirreSetup2017.jpg

I got a Monstera Delicosa and a pretty massive Golden Pothos soaking up the excess nutrients and its working better than I ever imagined.

The Monstera was a pretty scrawny half-withered specimen when I started out, but has really taken off as it's grown towards the window. :)

On a side-note, my P is nearly 15 years old now.

B) 

Posted Image
Click it now!

#2 Grosse Gurke

Grosse Gurke

The AssMan

• Webmaster
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:13 PM

Long time man! 

That is awesome man...not only efficient but just looks badass. 

I am moving my 500 and plan to do something very similar.....however I have yet to research what plants to use.  My plan is to do kind of a aquaponic type thing on the back of the tank with water being pumped through a "trough" above the tank. 

gallery_2_10_18361.jpgsml_gallery_2_10_73348.jpg

#3 Alexraptor

Alexraptor

Fry

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:34 PM

Long time indeed! :)

I've read about setups like that in a very old aquarium book I have, it does sound very interesting.

Posted Image
Click it now!

#4 Grosse Gurke

Grosse Gurke

The AssMan

• Webmaster
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:49 PM

Tank has been moved...what a bitch that was...lol.  Been running for 2 days now so the temp is finally up in the 70's.  Just picked up some huge convicts and a couple catfish to make sure it is good to go.  Now I just need to configure the massive driftwood I have for it.  I picked up a huge driftwood stump and chainsawed it in half....I now need to get it arranged in the tank somehow.

gallery_2_10_18361.jpgsml_gallery_2_10_73348.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users