• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nzafi

nzafi

Pygocentrus cariba

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:36 AM

So I think my rhom (Shaka) that I have had for nearly 17 years has his days numbered. I have been battling HITH on him for over 1.5 years. I got it to stop at some point but it is clearly pushing forward hard. In the past I did the metro and epsom salt treatment via the tank and orally. I am trying to start treating him again orally but he doesn't eat. In the last months he has slowed down to eating once every 3 weeks or even less. When he eats it is a tiny amount. 

He literally has a hole on his right side (you can see it in the pics I posted of him in the picture gallery), and the reason I think he is on his way out is that the same size hole has shown up on his left side now too. That hole came on very quickly. I also am starting to see a hole on his gill plate, plus other pin holes.

I have managed to find a vet (he is on MFK) that works 15min from me that is going to try and help me out. I think the only thing left to do is essentially fish him out of the tank and forcefully treat him orally (pipette down the throat).

He is not showing other signs of stress, or swimming weird. Still extremely active but with the spread of HITH I am just feeling extreme annoyed and helpless. Feel like its 17 years down the toilet and just vetting.

:)

Edited by nzafi, 31 March 2016 - 08:37 AM.

#2 jp80911

jp80911

食人魚

• Site Moderator
  • 4,833 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2016 - 09:32 AM

sorry to hear bro...hope for the best

Posted Image

#3 1ochinoo89

1ochinoo89

Pygocentrus nattereri

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:01 AM

Update?

#4 nzafi

nzafi

Pygocentrus cariba

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:01 PM

He lasted another month and a half and then died. Either succombed to the disease or starved himself. I could not get him to eat consistently or properly for a long time. I found him swimming weird one day and within several hours he was a goner. 

#5 Lifer374

Lifer374

Serrasalmus spilopleura

• Members
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:04 PM

Oh man, damn
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users